Wondering what makes great Instagram selfies? Here’s a humorous look at what selfies are, as well as a few rules for taking selfies on Instagram.
5 rules for taking #selfies on Instagram
Selfies are horrible.
At least, that’s the implied argument in a new essay by ReadWrite’s John Paul Titlow, who’s drawing some much-needed attention to the indulgent, narcissistic act of snapping a self-portrait and uploading it onto the internet for other human eyeballs to consume.
The sheer number of selfies with the #me hashtag on Instagram is a “scourge,” argues Titlow, and transforms the beloved photo-sharing service into a “high school popularity contest on digital steroids.”
But humans have long been narcissists. It’s part of what makes us us. And indulging in the latent urge to “check yourself out” and share the results with everyone you know shouldn’t make you the target of massive public shaming.
Instead, let’s adopt a few basic ground rules, which, at their core, aim to improve the overall user experience for everyone involved.
First, let’s define what a selfie is.
Just so we’re clear:
- It’s a picture with your face in it.
- You took the photo yourself. Another human being was not involved.
- It is shared on the internet — Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or whatever.
Now, the rules:
1. Selfies are off-limits for anyone over 21
*Are you allowed to legally consume alcohol in the United States of America? If so, you are too old to go fishing for compliments with a self-portrait.
Leave the selfies for Snapchatting teens who can use the word “ratchet” in a sentence without Googling “ratchet” and “urban dictionary” at the same time.
2. The following words and phrases are banned from selfie captions
- “Ready for bed”
- “Good morning!”
- “Hitting the gym”
- “#GQ” (LOL)
- “Work hard, play hard”
Essentially, ask yourself, “What would Kim Kardashian do?” Then do the opposite.
3. Use your selfie allotment sparingly
Selfies are like paychecks: If you’re like most people, you only get two per month. You know that grid on your Instagram screen that only fits nine square thumbnails at a time?
Your selfie-to-pictures-of-other-stuff ratio should be 1:8. Failure to comply gives your friends permission to mercilessly make fun of you.
Continue reading here:
So, you’ve got the perfect Instagram selfie. Everything about it is perfect, the light, your hair, the background — there’s just one problem: you don’t know what to caption it. Don’t worry, we’ve got 30 cute and witty Instagram captions for you!
30 Cute and Witty Instagram Captions for Selfies
If you are a photography or gadget freak, you are obviously aware of the term selfie.
In fact, it was named the International Word of the Year 2013, by Oxford dictionaries.
Selfie means a photograph that an individual has taken of himself using a smart phone or camera.
Nowadays, individuals are obsessed with capturing each and every moment of their lives, and uploading it on social media profiles like Facebook, Twitter, and of course, Instagram.
But, gone are the days where you just upload a picture, captions have now made their presence felt. They can be used in a smart way to describe your picture. Given below is the list of Instagram selfie captions.
So feel free to choose one and use it for your selfie.
Keep reading here…
Looking for some funny, cute, and sweet captions for your Instagram selfies? Here are some of the best captions around; use one, use them all!
Funny and Cute Instagram Captions for Selfies
Cute Love Captions for Instagram Pictures
Feel free to use these cute quotes as captions for pictures of yourself on your Instagram, Facebook or Tumblr accounts.
Funny selfies with captions bring more attention to your photos, write down these short texts under your selfies or you can embed these quotes on your pictures by using an online caption generator.
- Sometimes relationship fails because you spend all your time expecting him to treat you like a princess and you forget to treat him like a prince.
- Why is it that we tend to take relationship for granted? We unconsciously thought it could take care of itself. But love neglected is the start of indifference.
- There’s no such thing as a perfect person but someone’s heart can have the perfect intention.
- You don’t have to jump high for people to like you, love you, and want to be with and to be noticed. You just have to be yourself and you will be accepted for who you are.
- Stop being a zombie. Find something that you’re excited about in your life; otherwise you’re just walking dead.
- Insecurities can make even the smartest and most beautiful woman foolishly question herself; despite how amazing she truly is.
- When a man is truly passionate about his woman, he will do whatever it takes to ensure her happiness with him.
- Mental stimulation and an emotional connection between two people trump a physical and love connection any day! However, having all of the above is even more powerful and meaningful; consider yourself blessed!
Captions about Life for Instagram
- Change begins once you start to alter your thought process. So, before you decide to do anything, you will first ask yourself, how will this be beneficial to me in a positive way?
- Don’t allow anyone to take the wheel and steer you in their direction because you will never truly be happy. Take control of your own life.
- The best advice i can give anyone who is trying to make positive changes in their life is to let go of the past & let go of the anger.
- It’s not always about getting it right, sometimes it’s just about your effort.
- Keep telling yourself good isn’t good enough. You deserve much more. You deserve GREATNESS.
- When the universe is pushing us towards the right, why must we insist on going left?
Read more now: